Report Guidelines for Innovation Project Allocations
Upon completion of a Blue Waters allocation, a report should be submitted to the Blue Waters Project Office. Please submit the following information within one month.
The intent is to make this report publicly available on the project's portal as a Blue Waters Technical Report. Please indicate if the report includes confidential or restricted information, in which case it will be only shared with the Blue Waters team and the National Science Foundation.
The reports should include the following sections:
- Project title
- Name and institution of principal investigator
- Names and affiliations of co-PIs and collaborators
- Corresponding author name and contact information (email)
Executive summary (150 words)
Description of research activities and results
- Key Challenges: description of the science/engineering problem being addressed
- Why it Matters: description of the potential impact of solving this research problem, and, if appropriate, the educational outcomes. For exploratory allocations, indicate whether the results will be used to substantiate a future proposal.
- Why Blue Waters: explanation of why you need the unique scale and attributes of Blue Waters to address these challenges; if relevant, provide an assessment of code(s) performance on Blue Waters.
- Accomplishments: explanation of results you obtained
List of publications associated with this work
List any publications and products (including papers in-preparation and submitted, posters, and curricular materials that can be made available to the community). Indicate the current state (work in progress/submitted/published). If available, please include the DOI for published works.
The report should be submitted as a PDF file. There are no specific formatting instructions. It is recommended to include visualizations, charts and other images in the document to help illustrate the results.
If problems with the system were encountered and/or to make suggestions for improvement, file these as a Jira ticket at email@example.com instead of including them in the report. This will allow the Blue Waters team to follow up on the issues in a timely manner.