If you previously set your security questions please go to the RSA Self-service console and click on "Troubleshoot a problem." Enter your username and then answer your 3 security questions. At that point you should be able to reset the PIN on your hardware token.
Before you forget your PIN, you should use the RSA Self-service console to set security questions that will allow you to reset and change your RSA PIN.
Note: There are cases where browser session data gets cached, confusing the RSA self-service website, that requires either clearing the session data, exiting the browser and restarting, or attempting the procedure from a different computer.
Alternatively, if you need help, you can send email to firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will assist you.
- For the Authentication Method there is a dropdown for either a password or passcode – select passcode.
- The PIN is required to be exactly 8 characters of both numbers and letters.
- The passcode refers to the [PIN][tokencode] combo. If your PIN is not set then you use only the token code.
- After setting your PIN, you will be asked to set security questions. Those questions will allow you to reset your PIN (or create temporary tokens in case you forget your PIN, or leave your fob at home) and to disable your OTP token if it is temporarily lost.
- The RSA website can be finicky at times, and it will time out if you take too long to complete the process. If it times out, start again with the above URL as the back button might not work reliably.
Setting your PIN for the first time