Presentation Guidelines for
NCSA Blue Waters Symposium
for Petascale Science and Beyond
June 13-15, 2016
- Due April 6, 2016
- Length: 150-Words
- Submit abstracts to: email@example.com
Include title, presenter's name and affiliation
- If the PI is not the presenter, include a reference to the Project PI
Presentations will be 25 minutes. This time includes time for Q&A. PI's, or designated presenters will be provided with a specific time for his/her presentation. Times will be assigned in late May.
Presentations should focus on the science teams' work on Blue Waters. Presentations may cover the full scope of the work being done on Blue Waters OR they may focus on a certain aspect (e.g. code scalability, implementation) that would be of interest to others using or preparing to use Blue Waters. We recommend that you not focus on the domain-specific details of your research, but rather the role of Blue Waters in your research. The audience will include people from many different fields, as such, the depth of your talk should target this broad audience.
Some suggested topics to include in presentations include:
- Key Challenges: description of the science/engineering problem being addressed
- Why it Matters: description of the potential impact of solving this research problem
- Why Blue Waters: explanation of why you need the unique scale and attributes of Blue Waters to address these challenges
- Accomplishments: explanation of results you obtained
- Blue Waters team contributions: explanation of how the Blue Waters team contributed to your research
- Broader Impact: description of the broader impact that resulted from your work on Blue Waters
- Shared Data: description of the data shared with others as well as the method of sharing
- Products: description of the products (e.g. software) that were created as a part of or as a result of your Blue Waters project
A presentation laptop will be provided, but you may also opt to use your own. As in 2014 and 2015, presentations will be video recorded. Both a copy of your presentation and the recording will be posted to the Blue Waters website after the symposium. Upon arrival at the symposium, you will be asked to review and sign a Video/Photo/Audio consent form. At the close of each session, moderators will ask you for a copy of your presentation.
Important: Prior to the start of your presentation session, please check with the AV/recording staff in your presentation room to ensure that your presentation will run smoothly.
Specs for laptops provided:
Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
Core i5 2.7 GHz processor
4 GB RAM
Integrated graphics card (Intel 4600) with 64 MB dedicated memory, 1696MB total (shared)
Office 2013 (with PowerPoint 2013)
Adobe Reader XI version 11.0.15
Internet Explorer version 11
-- Either 4:3 or 16:9 aspect ratio may be used.