NCSA offers a variety of events throughout the year for the community to assist the community in learning about computational and data enabled science and engineering methods, tools, and resources. The training goal is to prepare the community to make effective use of petascale computing resources, including those provided by the Blue Waters project.
The events include webinars, workshops, symposia, tutorials, presentations, institutes, hackathons, and other activities.
If there is a topic you wish to have covered in a future event, please send email to the Blue Waters Education, Outreach and Training team at email@example.com.
Petascale Computing Hackathon 2019We are pleased to announce the Petascale Computing Hackathon 2019 to be held September 9-13, 2019 at NCSA.
The goal of the hackathon is for research groups to work with HPC mentors to optimize their software to take full advantage of petascale class HPC systems. The research groups selected to participate will send teams of at least 2 developers along with an existing application that can benefit from taking full advantage of petascale class computing systems to accelerate their research productivity.
The hackathon is intended for teams of developers wanting to:
- adapt their codes to run on a petascale class system using CPUs and/or GPUs,
- optimize applications that already run on petascale class CPUs or GPUs,
- accelerate machine learning and/or deep learning applications, or
- Implement other innovative uses of petascale class computing systems.
Petascale Computing Institute 2019We are pleased to announce the Petascale Computing Institute 2019 to be held August 19-23, 2019 at 20 Host Sites simultaneously. This session will also be webcast on YouTube for people unable to attend at one of the Host Sites. Registration for participants opens Monday, March 25. Applications for Host Sites remains open.
Past Training Events & Symposia
|15||«Containers in HPC»||April 11, 2019|
|14||Blue Waters Hackathon||September 10-14, 2018|
|13||Blue Waters New User Training||May 16, 2018|
|12||New User Training||September 21, 2017|
|11||Workflows Workshop||August 9-10, 2016|
|10||Blue Waters Advanced User Workshop||March 16-18, 2016|
|9||Blue Waters Symposium||May 10-13, 2015|
|8||yt Project Development Workshop||October 16-17, 2014|
|7||Blue Waters Advanced User Workshop||October 13-15, 2014|
|6||Blue Waters Symposium (general info)
Agenda & Presentations
|May 12-15, 2014|
|5||Blue Waters User Workshop||December 3-5, 2013|
|4||Blue Waters User Workshop||May 22-23, 2013|
|3||Blue Waters Symposium||May 21-22, 2013|
|2||Blue Waters User Workshop||February 26-28|
|1||Blue Waters User Workshop||December|
Multi-site XSEDE & VSCSE Events
- VSCSE Scientific Visualization August 25-26, 2014
- XSEDE OpenACC Workshop workshop August 5, 2014
- VSCSE Data Intensive Summer School June 30-July 2, 2014
- XSEDE HPC Bootcamp, June 24-27, 2014
- VSCSE Harness the Power of GPU's: Introduction to GPGPU Programming June 16-20, 2014
- XSEDE OpenACC Workshop workshop April 1, 2014
- XSEDE OpenACC Workshop workshop November 5, 2013